Monday, August 9, 2010

Shrimp with Salsa

(adapted from a recipe by Eric Treuille)




I love shrimp and I love spicy food. So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. I wasn't disappointed ….delicious! This is a recipe I will make again and again.



Salsa:

Seed and dice about 4 to 6 tomatoes. I used four large organic Jersey tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half or quarters if they‘re large and then give them a little squeeze to expose the seeds and scoop the seeds out with your fingers or the edge of a knife.

To the tomatoes add the onion, garlic, chili, lime juice, and cilantro. Let stand for 30 minutes.

4 large or 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced

1 red onion finely chopped

2 cloves garlic crushed

2 jalapeño peppers chopped, and seeded *

Juice of one lime

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Salt and pepper

*We love spicy food so I left about 1/3 of the seeds in the peppers. (Adjust according to your taste.)



 
 
 
 
 




Shrimp:


1 pound of cleaned and deveined shrimp

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

2 tablespoons sour cream

Salt ,pepper and tobacco (optional)

1 large bag, lightly salted tortilla chips



Heat the salsa over high heat. When the salsa is hot and bubbling add the shrimp and stir until cooked about two minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and sour cream. Add salt, pepper and tobacco if desired. Serve with additional chips.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: